Acai is a bowl full of goodness that you could have as a breakfast (what a great way to start the day) or simply as a pick me up! Acai is quite difficult to purchase in shops but you can order yours from Holland & Barrett . It comes in a pot format that will last you a while so you can enjoy an Acai bowl time and time again!
- 250g frozen summer berry fruit
- 2 x sliced frozen bananas
- 4 tablespoons of Acai (powder format)
- 240ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Fresh fruit of your choice (I used banana and strawberries)
- Honey for drizzling
- Coconut shavings
Add the frozen fruits, acai powder, almond milk, and honey to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed to get the blender running. Aim for a frozen-yoghurt consistency (it should be thicker than a smoothie remember.
Spoon the acai mixture into bowls and top with sliced fruit, a drizzle of honey and toppings of your choice!